Welcome to the Agricultural Section of the Oregon State Bar. The Section provides a supportive forum focusing on the legal needs and issues of importance for attorneys working with the agricultural community throughout Oregon. The lawyers in this group represent farmers, ranchers, owners, and other related parties on legal matters such as business contracts, property leases, liens, litigation, employment, land use, real estate, estate planning, bankruptcy, and water law.
The mission of the Oregon State Bar Agricultural Law Section:
- To promote leadership and improve the knowledge and professional abilities of lawyers through CLE programs, and other means;
- to engage in the practice of law as it relates to the business of agriculture;
- to review and research applicable laws and proposed legislation;
- to monitor developments that are applicable to farming and agribusiness; and
- to share information about current developments in this area of the law.
- Annual dues are waived for new members;
- Annual CLE in May (2021 and 2022 will be virtual given the pandemic); and
- Leadership opportunities for new lawyers.
The site also hosts the Section bylaws, minutes and other administrative filings and documentation. Should you have revisions or suggestions, please feel free to contact chair Mary Anne Cooper.